This article is from GameSpot
Before the release of Star Trek: Discovery’s second season, smaller short film-like episodes of a series called Short Treks were released online. During the San Diego Comic-Con Star Trek panel, it was confirmed that six new ones are in production, including three that focus on the USS Enterprise.
These new Short Treks will feature stories focused on Pike, Number One, and Spock, three major characters in current Star Trek fiction. Additionally, two of these new Short Treks will be animated. Further details on exactly what they’ll involve weren’t revealed, but there will no doubt be more information as they get closer to release. They’re said to be “very fun standalone stories” but that everything connects. Their titles are:
- “Ask Not”
- “The Trouble With Edward”
- “The Girl Who Made The Stars”
- “Ephaim And Dot”
- “Children Of Mars
The Star Trek panel also delivered details on Season 3 of Discovery which, according to creator Alex Kurtzman, is heading further into the future than any Star Wars series before it. There will be a new character called Cleveland “Book” Booker, who is a bit of a rule-breaker. You can learn more about Star Trek: Discovery Season 3’s new details here.
For more on San Diego Comic-Con as a whole, check out our SDCC 2019 hub. All the latest news, whether it’s for TV, movies, comics, or collectibles, can be found there.
Star Trek Comic-Con News
- Everything We Know About Star Trek Picard
- Star Trek Picard Details; Riker, Data, Borg, Seven of Nine Returning
- Star Trek Picard Trailer Debuts At SDCC
- New Star Trek Picard Photos Take Jean-Luc Out Of The Vineyard
- Rick & Morty Writer’s Star Trek Animated Show, Lower Decks, Detailed
- Star Trek Discovery Season 3 Details Confirm Time Jump, New Character
Disclosure: CBS is GameSpot’s parent company.